Kids Entry Form PDF
SEATTLE CHILDREN’S KIDS MARATHON
The Seattle Children’s Kids Marathon is structured to allow children—kindergarten through eighth grade—to complete a full 26.2 mile marathon at a rate that is fun and safe for their growing bodies “one mile at a time.” It also encourages them to read 13 books and perform 13 do rights (good deeds).
|SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30||START TIME|
Seattle Center– 5th Avenue and Harrison Street, northeast of the Experience Music Project.
Staging is in Memorial Stadium
WHAT IS A MARATHON?
In ancient Greece, Phidippedes ran from the plains of Marathon to Athens to report about the Persian War. That is where the marathon got its name. Thousands of years later, people still run, but now they do it for fun.
About half a million people run marathons every year! People who run marathons train a lot. Your body must be in good shape to run a marathon. A marathon is 26.2 miles. The Seattle Children's Kids Marathon will get you on your way to being physically fit.
KIDS VICTORY RECOVERY AREA
The Kids Victory Recovery Area is located in the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall. Kids will receive their space blanket and water as they cross the finish line in Memorial Stadium and will then proceed through the secured finisher chute to the Victory Recovery area where they will receive their finisher shirts and their Goody Bag containing their finisher certificate and medal, as well as refreshments and post event fun with Radio Disney.
Note: Kids receive one complimentary t-shirt per entry.
RUNNING WITH YOUR CHILD
Parents and guardians may run with their child if they wish. For safety reasons, adults will be required to wear a bib/runners number to accompany the child on the course and each child may have only one adult accompany them. Every child who enters the event will be given two bibs with the same number—one for the child and one for the accompanying adult. For lost parent/child reasons, the child and adult bibs will both contain the child's information. If you have a younger child in a stroller accompanying you, that child will have to be entered in the event and have a bib number to be on the course.
Kids get the following awards for finishing each of these mileposts:
- 13 Books: A special certificate
- 13 Do Rights: A special certificate
- 5 miles: Award token, chain and award certificate
- 10 miles: 10 mile award token and award certificate
- 15 miles: 15 mile award token
- 20 miles: 20 mile award token and award certificate
- 25 miles: 25 mile bonus award token
- Final 1.2 miles: Kids will receive their space blanket and water as they cross the finish line in Memorial Stadium and will then proceed through the secured finisher chute to the Victory Recovery Area where they will receive their finisher shirts and their Goody Bag containing their finisher certificate and medal.