BECOME A 2018 AMBASSADOR!
The Seattle Marathon Association is looking for fun and passionate runners and walkers who are actively engaged in their local running communities. Ambassadors are the face of the marathon and help spread the word about Seattle's largest race event. An ideal ambassador is comfortable speaking with others, promoting the marathon independently as well as within group outings, and has availability to attend events and post regularly on social media outlets. In exchange for an ambassador's inherit enthusiasm, Seattle Marathon offers a tremendous number of perks, from gear to race entries to really good food on race weekend.
What Ambassadors do:
- Be happy and fun!
- Train and race in Seattle Marathon gear.
- Register and participate in the 2018 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon full or half run or walk.
- Distribute material in their hometown (at running stores, local races, etc.).
- Spread the word about the Seattle Marathon Family of Events (through local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc) and answering questions.
- Recruit and assist runners and walkers, resulting in direct registrations for the Seattle Marathon events.
- Post pictures and short blurbs about your training (in SM gear) to your personal social media page as well as SM's four times a month. Must have access to Facebook to join ambassador group page.
- Participate in orientation meeting.
- Cover our vendor booth at 2 promotional events throughout the calendar year. Events cannot be ones that the ambassador is registered for. Ambassador must also be able to pick up, store and deliver vendor equipment including a pop-up tent, giveaways, registration forms, table and apron, and other items.
- Lead training runs and walking programs.
- Attend one school day for the kids marathon.
- Volunteer the weekend of the SMA 10K held on August 25 (a minimum of 4 hours, various shifts available).
- Volunteer a minimum of 6 hours on Friday and/or Saturday of race weekend. Various shifts and locations available.
What Ambassadors Get:
- Seattle Marathon Ambassador gear and discount code to distribute to friends and family
- Free entry to 2019 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon on completion of ambassador duties
- Ambassador profile hosted on Seattle Marathon website
- 50% off entry to 2018 Seattle Marathon 10k Race
- Discount on SMA Merchandise throughout the year
- Access to other promotional items as they become available through our amazing sponsors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a 400-500 word essay about why you would make an excellent ambassador. Include who you are, what city you live in, any running accomplishments, personal story, and how you can help us recruit runners and walkers. Email this essay along with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: 2018 Seattle Marathon Ambassador applicant. Attach a clear photo of you on a run or a nice headshot of you finishing up one. This photo will be used on our website if you are selected. Applications are accepted year round. If you are selected, you will be notified via email. You must be registered for the 2018 run or walk to be considered as a candidate.