BECOME A 2017 AMBASSADOR!
The Seattle Marathon Association is looking for fun and passionate runners and walkers who are actively engaged in their local running communities. Ambassadors are the face of the marathon and help spread the word about Seattle's largest race event. This year, with a new course, we're even more excited. An ideal ambassador is someone who is comfortable speaking with others, promoting the marathon independently as well as within group outings, and has availability to attend events and post regularly on social media outlets. In exchange for an ambassador's inherit enthusiasm, Seattle Marathon offers a tremendous amount of perks, from gear to race entries to really good food on race weekend.
What Ambassadors do:
- Be happy and fun!
- Train and race in Seattle Marathon gear.
- Register and participate in the 2017 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon full or half run or walk.
- Distribute material in their hometown (at running stores, local races, etc.).
- Spread the word about the Seattle Marathon Family of Events (through local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc) and answering questions.
- Recruit and assist runners and walkers, resulting in direct registrations for the Seattle Marathon events.
- Post pictures and short blurbs about your training (in SM gear) to your personal social media page as well as SM's four times a month. Must have access to Facebook to join ambassador group page.
- Participate in orientation meeting.
- Cover our vendor booth at 2 promotional events throughout the calendar year. Events cannot be ones that the ambassador is registered for.
- Lead training runs and walking programs.
- Attend one school day for the kids marathon.
- Volunteer at the SMA 10K on August 26 (a minimum of 4 hours, various shifts available).
- Volunteer a minimum of 6 hours on Friday and/or Saturday of race weekend. Various shifts and locations available.
What Ambassadors Get:
- Seattle Marathon Ambassador gear and discount code to distribute to friends and family
- Free entry to 2018 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon
- Ambassador profile hosted on Seattle Marathon website
- 50% off entry to 2017 Seattle Marathon 10k Race
- Discount on SMA Merchandise throughout the year
- Access to other promotional items as they become available through our amazing sponsors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a 400-500 word essay about why you would make an excellent ambassador. Include who you are, what city you live in, any running accomplishments, personal story, and how you can help us recruit runners and walkers. Email this essay along with your contact information to email@example.com with the subject heading: 2017 Seattle Marathon Ambassador applicant. Attach a clear photo of you on a run or a nice headshot of you finishing up one. This photo will be used on our website if you are selected. Essays are accepted until March 24, 2017. If you are selected, you will be notified via email on March 27 and you have until April 30 to register for the 2017 Seattle Marathon. You must be able to attend an orientation meeting in April. Date to be announced.